Michael W. Dunagan is a principal in the firm of Jameson & Dunagan, P.C., of Dallas, Texas. He graduated from Southern Methodist University Law School. Mr. Dunagan's firm is engaged in a commercial collection and litigation practice, and is a member of the Commercial Law League and The Conference on Consumer Finance Law.
For over 34 years Mr. Dunagan has represented motor vehicle lenders and new and used car dealers. He has served as counsel to the National Independent Automobile Dealers Association and the Texas Independent Automobile Dealers Association. He has written hundreds of articles for trade magazines and newsletters, and has spoken at numerous motor vehicle finance workshops and seminars around the country.
His automobile industry accomplishments include:
- Organization of a group of dealers to reform the Texas motor vehicle sales tax law, raising the necessary funds, and coordinating the successful legislative effort.
- Organization of industry groups in the successful legal challenge to a $225 fee imposed on vehicles imported from out of state.
- Drafting of bill and successful lobbying effort to protect lien holders on liability insurance payments.
- Leadership of effort to remove requirement that dealers obtain proof of liability insurance from buyers before transfer.
- Counsel for task force that successfully repelled a class-action suit against Dallas-Fort Worth area dealers alleging unauthorized charges on contracts.
He is the author of Texas Automobile Repossession: a Lien Holder's Legal Guide; Dealer Financing of Used Car Sales; and Car Dealer's Guide to Texas Consumer Law, and Dealer's Quick Reference Legal Guide.
Professional memberships include the State Bar of Texas, American Bar Association and Dallas Bar Association. His clients include numerous motor vehicle dealers, banks, finance companies, credit unions, and wholesale auto auctions. His primary areas of practice are consumer finance, bankruptcy, secured transactions, and administrative and legislative activities.
His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
and his firm's web site can be seen at www.jamesondunagan.com.